The Search for Reason
 

 
The music of awakened Solitude, is like the dance of falling leaves; the sound of silence carried by the tinkling of bells a thousand miles away.
 
 
  Blogger Silenus Pathos ^dante
 
 
Wednesday, December 13, 2006
 
"Do Us Proud"

That was what my boss said to me weeks back, when he told me that I will be moving to another department. He said that my previous two bosses and my director has pushed hard for me to get this position, so I must not let them or the department down.

During a dinner on Monday, my director told me that my bosses (three of them including one who was here for less than half a year) had positive feedback about me and have been planning my career for the longest time. Throughout, I was unaware.

Planning for the longest time... I guess that is because I was too good to let go, but too caustic and abrasive to fit into a normal group.

Their plan somehow left out a significant pay increment.

My future boss (effective first next year) told me that the team is excited to have me on the team and are extremely curious as to who I am.

When I met my immediate superior (effective first next year) for the very first time, she told me that I am coming in with extremely high recommendations. She said that my boss is expecting me to contribute in many areas, areas she believed to be my competency, areas which I myself, am unaware that I am competent in.

People have been telling me that I should take things easy and give myself time to learn, but they are not aware of anything that I have just mentioned. They are not aware that this new job is not a new beginning. It is another stage where I am expected to deliver the results that I have been delivering for the past two years, results which I sacrificed so much, perhaps too much for.

Is it time to create the future again? Is it time to grow into their expectations again?

I do not know. I grew up with a thousand expectations of me and I grew with every one of them.

And I am tired....

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.


But I have promises to keep,



And miles to go before I sleep,





And miles to go before I sleep.
<
Comments:
Hello old man.. It me Johannes.. We met on ICQ a damn long time ago..
msn deathwalker666@hotmail.com
 
Hey! What's your occupation? Havent caught up with you for such a long long time!

pie :)
 
Post a Comment

 

 
   
  This page is powered by Blogger, the easy way to update your web site.  

Home  |  Archives